So P. and I have been involved in this major garden building project. These are (obviously) raised garden beds, each 4x4ft. Last year we had 3 of them in the grass. This year we added 2 more and P. very much wanted the addition of this gravel. He claims that he hated mowing around the beds, but I suspect that he had some secret desire to make the side yard look like a city roof garden.
Here is the work that has been done so far this year, sadly mostly done by P. due to my travel and work schedule:
– Built 2 new boxes
– Tore out grass at location of boxes and inserted boxes
– covered grass with weed sheet
– covered weed sheet with 2 yards of gravel
– filled boxes with 1 yard of soil
– plants purchased at farm market
– plants planted
– bunny resistant fence stapled all the way around the existing privacy fence
– sunflowers, nasturtiums, and morning glories planted around the fence (not yet visible)
– front area for herb garden cleared
– herbs planted
– tomato cages in
– purchase of picnic table from Craigslist
– purchase of quarry tiles and leveling sand
– purchase and planting of additional tomatoes
Here is the work that is yet to be done:
– front part of bunny fence installation. Requires some sort of crazy posts and I’m not sure what. Ask P. for more details.
– removal of sod/grass for picnic table patio, fill with sand, place stones, place picnic table
– selection of and installation of some sort of sunshade for picnic table
– more watering
Anyone want to come over this weekend and help me get this picnic table patio installed? I really don’t think it will take that long?